Surah 80 (Chapter 80); 42 Verses
Makki ; Revealed at Mecca
1. The (Prophet) frowned and turned away.
2. Because there came to him the blind man (interrupting).
3. But what could tell thee but that perchance he might Grow (in spiritual understanding)?
4. Or that he might receive admonition and the teaching might profit him?
5. As to one who regards himself as self-sufficient
6. To him dost thou attend;
7. Though it is no blame to thee if he grow not (in spiritual understanding).
8. But as to him who came to thee striving earnestly
9. And with fear (in his heart)
10. Of him wast thou unmindful.
11. By no means (should it be so)! For it is indeed a Message of instruction:
12. Therefore let who will keep it in remembrance.
13. (It is) in Books held (greatly) in honor.
14. Exalted (in dignity) kept pure and holy
15. (Written) by the hands of scribes
16. Honorable and Pious and Just.
17. Woe to man! what hath made him reject Allah?
18. From what stuff Hath He created him?
19. From a sperm-drop: He hath created him and then mouldeth him in due proportions;
20. Then doth He make His path smooth for him;
21. Then He causeth him to die and putteth him in his Grave;
22. Then when it is His will He will raise him up (again).
23. By no means hath he fulfilled what Allah Hath commanded him.
24. Then let man look at his Food (and how We provide it):
25. For that We pour forth water in abundance
26. And We split the earth in fragments
27. And produce therein Corn
28. And Grapes and nutritious Plants.
29. And Olives and Dates
30. And enclosed Gardens dense with lofty trees
31. And Fruits and Fodder
32. For use and convenience to you and your cattle.
33. At length when there comes the Deafening Noise
34. That Day shall a man flee from his own brother.
35. And from his mother and his father.
36. And from his wife and his children.
37. Each one of them that Day will have enough concern (of his own) to make him indifferent to the others.
38. Some Faces that Day will be beaming.
39. Laughing rejoicing.
40. And other faces that Day will be dust-stained;
41. Blackness will cover them:
42. Such will be the Rejecters of Allah the Doers of Iniquity.